Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flights home

While most of my experience with Lot Polish Airlines customer service was terrible, the two women working the desk in the Prague airport were incredibly patient and worked hard to help me get home.

I flew:
Prague - Copenhagen - Stockholm - Chicago - Seattle - Juneau

The Copenhagen and Stockholm airports were really nice. They had carts for you to carry around your carry on luggage on, which I needed (I had my clothes in one bag, and books and my giant laptop in the other). I had an overnight in Stockholm, and with the time changes, made it home the evening of the day after I left.

I stayed in the Jumbo hostel in a Jumbo plane.

The plane, the night I got there:











I payed for a single room because I didn't want to hassle with keeping track of my things once I got there, I was already tired. The room had a flat screen TV. I watched the Sweden women's hockey team loose to team USA.

The room:




















The personal room also came with breakfast, which was very European, bread, a slice of cheese and a slice of turkey, a pickle, orange juice and coffee.

From Stockholm to Chicago I flew on SAS, Scandinavian airlines. Unlike the Lot flight, during which I slept (thankfully), I was awake the whole flight. There was a screen in the back of the seat in front of you with movies to watch, an improvement over the projected movie on the Lot airline. The flight attendants were very hospitable, their service followed a schedule. The first time they offered beverages, I wanted a coffee, but they said they were only serving cold drinks and that I had to wait for the warm beverage service, which comes after the meal. Near the end of the flight they offered a hot damp rolled up washcloth, which was a nice touch, refreshing to my hands and neck. I recommend SAS.

The flight from Chicago to Seattle was very full. The four-five hour flight seemed not so bad after the 9 hour flight from Stockholm. The flight from Seattle to Juneau was nearly empty, so I had room to stretch my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment