Tuesday, February 16, 2010

VIP, Jagr and Lenka

On February 9, Lenka and I worked in the VIP room for the men’s extraliga (The Czech professional hockey league) game between Kladno and Slavia (one of the Prague teams). Jaromir Jagr showed up during the second period! I had to leave early to go to practice but Lenka and another girl stayed and got a picture taken with him. I stayed for as long as I could, hoping for a chance encounter. I got ready the second fastest ever for me (one time I ran in the rink with less than 5 minutes on the clock for warm up and was on the ice with 2 minutes of warm up left).

Jagr is a very big man. I couldn’t imagine trying to play any position against him.

Also, this isn’t really my news, but exciting none the less, Lenka found out on Valentine’s Day that she made the Czech national U-18 team! She’s a goalie. Congratulations to her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment